|Izzy's Breakfast Taco-notice the excess of Bacon|
There was one that I had seen before, the bacon weave wrapped around cheese which had a link to another site where there was a bacon weave rolled up around scrambled eggs, which kinda reminded me of the bacon and egg tacos I make....oh internet, what a tangled web of bacon you weave....hhhmmm bacon weave webs for Halloween treats??? Hhhmmm...loosely weaved and covered in chocolate, maybe some white chocolate highlights to enhance a web-ish design? Sweet Jebus I am a genius! Remind me about that idea, I will most likely forget in the morning...
And once again I digress. So after all that I was hungry for bacon...sigh...and none to be found here in the office....with just a natural food store next door, which I can tell you does NOT sell bacon in any way shape or form...damm hippies can go die in a hole.
So ANYWAYS....The point is I thought I should share this recipe with my whopping 8 followers...you lucky little devils, this is THE BEST breakfast taco you will ever eat. FOR REAL.
Bacon, Sausage and Egg Breakfast Tacos...Ok Brunch because breakfast is never served before 11am in my house.
You Will Need...Serves 4, get more if you are feeding more people...der.
- 1 package soft small corn tortillas
- 8 eggs
- a few splashes of cream or milk
- 1 pound of bacon
- 8 breakfast or 4 chorizo sausages
- 1/2 cup cheddar & mozza cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup salsa-homemade or store bought, I really don't care
- several dashes of green Tabasco - because it is so much better than the red.
- 8-10 pickled jalapeno slices (optional for the kids I guess...wimps)
1. Cook your bacon and sausage in whichever way you prefer - I like to bake my bacon in the oven as you all know. Sausage I would assume most, if not all, people would do it in a frying pan. If you're smart like me, I bbq my chorizo when it's not pouring fucking rain outside.
2. Crack eggs into a large-ish bowl and beat gently. If you beat the crap out your eggs before you scramble them that is why they turn out watery and gross. Do it just enough to break up the yolks and breakdown some of that really slimy slug like white part (which is called the CHALAZAE,
3. Heat a frying pan on high till very hot, not quite smoking. Once it's REALLY hot, you can warm the tortillas one at at time. I used to do it straight on the burner, but they get kinda burned tasting. Apparently it works well with a gas stove on low, but since I don't have one I can't tell you how well that turns out.
4. Assemble as follows... in the warm tortilla...1 sausage ( if using chorizo, slice in half lengthwise), 2 pieces of bacon, some eggs, Tabasco, cheese, salsa, jalapenos. You could throw on some sour cream, avocado, squeeze of lime as well if you're feeling fancy. I usually use my homemade salsa with has lots of lime and cilantro in it, so if you're just using store bought, try that. Or make a quick salsa lazy-ass, it's pretty simple and quick.
We do have this quite often for breakfast on the weekends, the Izbot and Minellynator both like it because they add whatever they like JUST LIKE WHEN IT'S TACO NIGHT. And The Man will eat anything I cook cuz he hearts me. Amazing. Simple. Bacony. Delicious.